October 31, 2013
I was nominated for a blog award back on September 16. However, I have yet to post it. I could go into explanations as to why, but I think I will just publicly thank and humbly apologize to Amy at My Top Fives… , a way cool chick who nominated me for my very first blog award. Thank you, Amy. Check out her blog, My Top Fives… and you can check out other bloggers she nominated, here: http://amystopfive.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/right-time-for-some-awards/
One reason I began following Amy’s blog is because she’s never met an ellipsis she didn’t like…I like a girl who knows her way around a punctuation mark. I also like the way she looks at everyday and not so everyday things.
Now, for this award, I need to follow these rules…
-Nominees must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to them by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for their nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the answers to my questions from Amy:
- How did you come up with the name for your blog? I wrote a blog while teaching in the Middle East entitled, My Journey, Thoughts From A Broad. Unfortunately, I had to shut down all traces of my blog when I came back to the States. Once back on American soil, I began writing another blog. I was a little upset at having to create a whole new blog, and I blurted out, “I should call this one My Fucking Journey. It dawned on me that had I submitted that title to an editor, s/he would have redacted the ‘F’ word. Thus, My [redacted] Journey.
- What prompted you to start a blog? Going to teach in the Middle East was the impetus for my blog. I wanted to keep in touch with family and friends. Additionally, I knew I would have some hella stories to tell…and I did/do.
- What are five of your favourite things? Easy. Jessica, Joseph, Stephan, Ana, Emily.
- Who do you most admire? Certified Public School Teachers Grades K-12. With a special shout out to BATs.
- What’s your favourite comfort food? Anything carby, starchy,
- Are you superstitious? In a , ‘Step on a crack, break your mother’s back,’ kind of way? Nope. Or, in a ‘belief that certain events or things will bring good or bad luck,’ kind of way? Nope to that one as well. lol
- What was your dream job when you were little? Teacher, baby! All day everyday.
- When’s your birthday and what’s your favourite way to celebrate it? My birthday is September 27. No favorite way to celebrate it.
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to? Guam, definitely Guam.
- What have you done today? Today, I taught my 8th grade students persuasive writing techniques and loved almost every minute of it.
One last thing, dear Readers, the Liebster award was created, in part, to help the blogging community discover new blogs. So please, enjoy; here are my nominations:
~ barrywax http://barrywax.wordpress.com/about/ Short Stories by Barry Wax
~ Doug Does Life http://dougdoeslife.com/ A Creative Monkey teaches how to find your Path In Life.
~ 30 Dream Days http://nicolecolter.wordpress.com/ Transform your life in 30 days by giving yourself permission to dream…vividly.
~ The Library Lady and Rosie Bear http://geanieroake.wordpress.com/category/about/
~ Hannah Baker http://hannahbaker1001.wordpress.com/ Enjoy my journey through my English class with me!
~ Discourse Disruption http://discoursedisruption.wordpress.com/ Intersectional & Decolonial Analysis Dedicated to Disrupting Discourses of Domination
~ *Recovery Ramblings Blog of – Author Catherine Lyon* http://catherinelyonaddictedtodimes.wordpress.com/ *We Can Recover One Book, One Page, & One Day At A Time*
~ Confessions of a Womanist http://monadeporcelana.wordpress.com/
Yes, there are only eight, sorry.
Ok new nominees, here are your questions from me:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What inspires you to write?
3. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
4. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
5. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
6. Are you funny? If yes, please give examples 🙂
7. Boxers or briefs?
8. How would you like to be remembered?
9. Wisdom or youth?
10. If you could have a conversation with a teacher from your past, who would it be and what would you say?
Well, dear Readers, that’s it. I hope you have enjoyed my [redacted] journey. I look forward to many more posts to come.