January 8, 2014
I am on Day 7, Zero to Hero: 30 Days to a Better Blog.
Today’s assignment: create and upload a simple header, or test out a few different backgrounds.
I’ve tried a couple of different pics as a header, I like the new one. I’m a girl who thrives under schedules and routines, so don’t look for me to change the look of my blog very often. I’ll see how this works out.
Now, on to bigger and brighter things, dear Readers. I am pleased to announce that I have been nominated for the Sunshine Award.
Thank you to Robin at Playful Kitty. Robin’s is a blog for cat lovers; that’s me! Now there’s a little bit of information I do not think I have shared with you, dear Readers, I am a cat lover. I have two cats, Minnie and Oliver, but I digress.
The Sunshine Award Rules
As with the previous awards, there is a specific protocol to follow when accepting.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. THANK YOU, ROBIN at Playful Kitty for the award. If you like all things “cat”, check out her blog.
- List 11 facts about yourself. I will list the facts below.
- Nominate 10 other blogs to receive the award. Nominees are listed below. I have been reading some wonderful blogs this past week, so, I am looking forward to the nominations.
- Announce the nominations to the nominees. I will announce these below, and I will contact the nominees before the night is through.
11 Facts About Me
- I picture myself giving a TED talk one day. If you are unfamiliar with TED Talks, check out the link, here. My interests for such a talk include education and racial, ethnic, and cultural equality among school districts within Arizona. I am putting my positive thoughts out into the universe and I am not going to stop until they come back to me.
- I used to suck my thumb when I was younger, from birth up until age 12. Don’t ask me why I decided to share that embarrassing little tidbit. Sucking my thumb would lull me into a peaceful sleep in which I felt secure in the world around me. I am almost positive that should I be blessed with a long life, you will see me sucking my thumb in my very, old age.
- I have been married three times. However, my first and my third husband…same man. The way I figure it, dear Readers, if the first and the third marriage were to the same man, that cancels out the second marriage. Therefore, I have really only been married one time. 😉 Gotta love that new math!
- I am a true loner at heart. However, I’ve got people skills. In a roomful of strangers, I am able to make us feel comfortable. My parents taught me the value of connecting to strangers, who in turn, were no longer strangers.
- My fantasy vacation is a week stay at the Grand Canyon Lodge. Every morning I would rise, drink my coffee and watch the sunrise over the Grand Canyon. In the evening, I would sip on a drink and watch the sunset over the Grand Canyon.
- I like ordinary. Unfortunately, in today’s society, “an ordinary life has become synonymous with a meaningless life.” Thank you Dr. Brene Brown. Fortunately, I’ve never much cared what today’s society thinks.
- Despite having never traveled more than 1,500 miles from my home, and despite never wanting to travel at all, I managed to put in over 15,000 miles in the past year, January/2013 to January/2014.
- I have forever wanted to be a mother. I wanted to raise my children to be independent, loving, contributing members of society. I have.
- For the most part, I do not like cartoons. I never have, even as a child.
- I have never questioned my faith; that is why it is FAITH.
- I learned how to drive a manual, 3-speed vehicle out of necessity when my college roommate was arrested for driving while intoxicated and I had to get her nineteen, seventy-something, Ford Pinto back to our dorm.
Congrats nominees. I will be stopping by your blog to drop you a line. As for you, dear Readers, thank you once again for indulging me. And as always, Peace, ~v.